Power Point presentations with book table
Length: 50-70 minutes plus 30-minute question and answer session
Content and aims
- An introduction to the origins of Islam: Mohammed, Qur’an and Schari’a;
- An overview of the various facets of Islam;
- Comparisons between Christianity and Islam;
- Answers to Islamic objections;
- Encouragement to approach Muslims;
- Equipping Christians with practical skills for interactions with Muslims;
- Information on current issues relating to Muslims: minarets, headscarves, etc;
- Recommendations on reading material.
- ‘ISLAM - Threat or challenge?’
- Christians encounter Muslims in daily life
- God loves Muslims too
- ISLAM in Europe – Threat or Opportunity?
Inputs are also suitable for Sunday sermons: Discovering God’s message to us by looking at the lives of biblical characters; a comparison of Islam and Christianity.
- Abraham – Friend of God – Genesis 22:1-13
- Cornelius – akin to a religious Muslim? – Acts 10
Further lectures and inputs on specific topics by arrangement.